title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Secure Mode does not work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • griff
    • Jun 2013

Secure Mode does not work?

I just started using dBpoweramp. I did spend the time to set-up the CD ripper, used the suggested settings, and began ripping CD's; Ripping Method: Secure with the other settings as per the guide (my drive supports C2 Error Pointers - so enabled).

I ripped 194 CD's, and I never once received the accurate status; all 194 rips had the status AR with an X (grey) but showed the (secure with a check). A very small number had the green secure with an i.

I assumed they were ok, hence the 194 CD's ripped. I was doing some further reading about the CD ripper last night when I saw that the rip status should be Accurate (**), and the majority of the CD's ripped were in the CDAccurateRip database. Today I listened to the CD's that I ripped and they were terrible, very distorted.

So I tried switching to Burst mode. I re-ripped about ten disks from the 200 I had already done. All of them now returned the Accurate (**) status for each track, and when I listen to them they sound fine.

So I assumed there is a problem with Secure mode. I tried again, now with C2 Error pointers off, and started seeing the Accurate (**) status. I listed to many of the tracks and they sound fine. So how would the C2 pointers cause that many problems, and why did it detect that my drive supports C2? It is a new Asus drive so I was not surprised that it did support C2 Error pointers. By the way I test C2 with 6 different disks, 5 badly scratched (kids) and one with the black marker triangle.

Of course I am quite disappointed because I have to re-rip all 200 disks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Secure Mode does not work?

>So how would the C2 pointers cause that many problems

If it is faulty in your drive, the detection only detects if the drive is able to signal a c2 error on a test scratched disc, AccurateRip should be relied upon to detemine if a rip is accurate or not, c2 is just a helper. The results from a drive should be identical if c2 is checked or not (on an undamaged disc), if the drive has a firmware problem then the results would be different, and not accurate.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>