title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP slow to appear on Renderer and Control Point menus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cascascas
    • Jun 2013

Asset UPnP slow to appear on Renderer and Control Point menus

Hi,

I am a relatively new customer of Asset UPnP and am very happy with the flexible configuration offered by the program. However, I am experiencing one problem: I have multiple UPnP servers running (Asset plus WMP on my PC and Twonky on my NAS). I am also using multiple devices to access the servers (the Naim nServe control point on an iPad and UPnP renderers on my iPad, a Sony Blu-Ray player and a Naim Uniti streamer). The network is provided by a NetGear DGND3700 v2 router.

Without fail, whenever I access the menu to select a UPnP server to connect to on any of my Control Points or Renderers, the WMP and Twonky servers show up instantaneously, but it takes up to 30 seconds for the Asset server to show up on the menu. Asset is by far the best server among these so I would strongly prefer to use it, but this delay is really annoying.

Wonder if this is a "feature" of the software, or something wrong with my installation. I am running Asset 4.1 Premium Registered version as a Service under Windows 8. I have tried uninstalling and performing a clean install, but it didn't solve the problem. I have also tried running under a Local Account with no improvement.

Any thoughts?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP slow to appear on Renderer and Control Point menus

It is difficult to diagnose what might be causing this, because in UPnP the servers tell the other devices about their presence perhaps once every 5 minutes (some even slower), it is then upto the devices to remember the upnp server and pass this information onto other devices. I do not think 30 seconds relates to this.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>