title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

conversion stops at 99% on large jobsb

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcbahr
    • Mar 2011

conversion stops at 99% on large jobsb

hi there. I've noticed that when I convert a large number of files, in the thousands, dmc stops at 99% and looks frozen. I'm using win7-64 and dbpoweramp 14. I have 16 gb of ram, but I always have to kill the process. I haven't done a convert like this in a few months so I can't remember if it gets all the way through the conversion, usually I think it leaves one file or so unconverted. Oh, I'm converting to mp3 helix.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: conversion stops at 99% on large jobsb

Converting to / from a network share, freezes like this are normally down to the filesystem freezing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dcbahr
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      Converting to / from a network share, freezes like this are normally down to the filesystem freezing.
      ah but it's not a network share it's my local hard drive internally in the system.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What files does it show on the screen? does it actually say it is still converting?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wsdu
          • Sep 2010

I seem to be having the same problem. I have used DBPoweramp ripper for several years without a hitch. I recently upgrades to the family multi-computer license and installed version 14. Now, I am able to rip about 4-5 discs and then the software hangs at Encoded 99% (or near 99%). It does not respond to anything and I have to shutdown the computer. I am running an Intel processor with Vista 32-bit. I have dedicated this machine to music ripping for the past several years using DBPoweramp.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Where do you rip to?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wsdu
              • Sep 2010

Sorry for the delayed response. I rip to 4 formats simultaneously (wav, flac, applelossless, aiff). The wav and flac are ripped to separate internal hard drives, neither of which runs the ripping program or operating system (Windows Vista), and the applelossless and aif go to separate USB hard drives.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is possible the USB HDDs are causing the lockup, try setting all to the internal HDD.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• wsdu
                  • Sep 2010

I originally thought that writing each format to a different drive would be more efficient, and accomodate a large number of CDs.

In the meantime, I uninstalled an anti-virus program (Constant Guard). This is provided by Comcast, our ISP, in addition to Norton 360. The Constant Guard program recently started interfering with the J River software that I use to play music files, so I (eventually) realized that it might be interfering with DBPoweramp also. Indeed, after uninstalling Constant Guard, I have not had any problems with DBPoweramp hanging up (Norton 360 is still running normally). I have ripped several dozen CDs without any problems, so I am thinking that that was the problem. I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Thanks again for your quick replies and help. I do enjoy using your software!!

Comment

Working...

]]>