title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Running Asset on a NAS

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericzander
    • Oct 2011

Running Asset on a NAS

Stupid question: To run Asset, I need a PC or a home server with any of the enlisted OS (Windows different versions), if I have understood it correctly. However, is it possible to use Asset on a NAS (for example Buffalo Linkstation Duo 4 TB NAS) that is not a homeserver with for example Windows home server software on it? In case it's possible, how could I do exactly? How do people manage who have not a home server or runnin Asset on a PC?

Eric
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Running Asset on a NAS

The linkstation runs Linux.

In the beta section of the forum we have a version of asset which runs on the mac

Comment

• ericzander
      • Oct 2011

Thank you for the really quick answer!! So then it would not be possible to use Asset on an ordinary NAS. How do people manage? I run Asset myself on a home server (with Linn DS) and would like to do the same in my summer house and then thought it would cheaper to use a NAS. What's the recommendation?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you have no suitable NAS, then run Asset on a netbook serving from the NAS.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ericzander
          • Oct 2011

Thanks! Then I got it.

Comment

Working...

]]>