title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help to rip CD

Help to rip CD

when i use the rip the CD to Flac format with CD Ripper, the message said" unable to open the file"
    What is the meaning ??? Is my CD driver need to change or the Setting???:cry:

Administrator

Re: Help to rip CD

On the error page, click the 'Copy to Clipboard' button and paste the error message here as a message reply please.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'Z:\Yuja Wang\Fantasia\02 Yuja Wang - Rachmaninov: Etudes-Tableaux, Op. 39: No. 4 in B minor.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Yuja Wang\Fantasia\02 Yuja Wang - Rachmaninov: Etudes-Tableaux, Op. 39: No. 4 in B minor.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'Z:\Yuja Wang\Fantasia\01 Yuja Wang - Rachmaninov: Etudes-Tableaux, Op. 39: No. 6 in A minor.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'Z:\Yuja Wang\Fantasia\01 Yuja Wang - Rachmaninov: Etudes-Tableaux, Op. 39: No. 6 in A minor.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Plesae Help to solve this problem....Thanks

Administrator

What is drive Z? it is an unusual letter for a drive, check that drive z exists.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    What is drive Z? it is an unusual letter for a drive, check that drive z exists.
    Sounds like a network drive mapped to the machine running dbpa. Make sure your computer can actually read and write to that drive.

The drive Z is my NAS ...I always rip the CD this drive

Administrator

Then the nas is refusing dbpoweramp from writing to it. Try browsing to the drive, if it asks for a password then nothing could access it until you type it.

No..I rip the CD ok in the past..I havn't change any setting in my computer,
    The CD ripper suddenly can't rip the cd. I have already tried to use the "Apple " i-tune to rip the CD . It works.
    So it seem the CD rip of the dbpoweramp have the problem

Administrator

Often the log in information will get miss placed between Windows + NAS, you do not have to change anything. iTunes will rip because it rips to your local computer, not the NAS, you can set dBPoweramp to rip to the local computer (choose the music folder), it will work, or if fix the log in so CD Ripper can write to the NAS it will work also.

How can I solve and improve this problem..

dBpoweramp Guru

Open windows explorer and browse the network share.

Today, i try to rip the cd in decktop in my computer But still can not rip the file to flac ,I think is not porblem of my computer. It must porblem of your Software I very sad i can't rip the cd in my nas and window system .I need your company to help
    Can you make some solutions to solve this problem ????
    I still want to use this software to set up my CAS system in HI-FI

dBpoweramp Guru

Set the output folder to the music folder on your PC, then rip locally and move the audio track later to your nas.

There are no settings in dBpoweramp you can change as the nas is stopping the writing, perhaps get a person with computer knowledge to look at it, it is not fair to blame dBpoweramp as being the problem as writing files is very simple, either the file can be opened or not, if not there is absolutely nothing dBpoweramp can do except generate an error.

I have already tired to set the output folder to the desktop or muisc folder in my computer, But it also can't rip the cd, I have need changed of my setting in my computer , I have already rip over 1000 Pcs CD in the Past
    So i cant find any method to solve this problem, Hope you can provide the new version can be slove it.
    on the other hand, My computer can see my nas without use the password, So i think that is not the problem of network sharing for any system.

Administrator

Set CD Ripper to your music folder on your PC then post the error message shown please.