title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can I combine tracks when ripping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Janeinpa
    • Jan 2013

Can I combine tracks when ripping?

I have a cd that I ripped, and it broke each movement of a concerto into separate tracks. How can I combine them or rip it again and avoid this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can I combine tracks when ripping?

Rip it again, there is a button on the toolbar 'rip as one'
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Janeinpa
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Rip it again, there is a button on the toolbar 'rip as one'
      Thanks! How do I do that for only portions of the CD? It has several concertos, so I want the first three tracks "all as one" and then the next several tracks a different "all as one"

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

You would have to rip it multiple times as rip as one

Comment

• Janeinpa
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
          You would have to rip it multiple times as rip as one

Just tried it...wow, that's a pain. I'll forget about it next time!

Comment

• RLANE
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • May 2011

Enabling ripping combined tracks and individual tracks in one session is this user's highest priority enhancement request. I have thousands of classical disks that have gapless track breaks that I would prefer to rip without those track breaks. Doing it in individual rip sessions wouldn't be so bad except that all tag values that differ from those retrieved automatically are lost after each rip-as-one session and have to be rekeyed. One session rips with single and combined tracks would be best, but fixing the lost tag value deficiency will suffice if the one session option is out of the scope of possibilities.

Comment

• chileboy
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by RLANE
              Enabling ripping combined tracks and individual tracks in one session is this user's highest priority enhancement request.
              +1

I've found this issue to be my biggest, perhaps only, frustration with the program.

I'd really like to have the ability to simply select one or more adjacent tracks from the main screen and click "Rip-As-1". It could just use all of the tags for the first (or last) selected track - mostly they're the same for all tracks anyway, other than the title and track number. And easy enough to change a couple of tags after-the-fact.

Or alternatively, when in the Rip-As-1 screen, Ctrl-Click the track numbers you want under the bar graph or something. I mean, the program obviously already knows the start-and-end times for the tracks - I don't understand the need to try and zero-in on the correct pixels on the graph. I'm never sure if I got it 100% right.

The tricky part might be the AccurateRip stuff, but I'd be willing to even forgo that in the short term. The Secure check should still work, and 99% of my discs rip accurately anyway, and I can always double-check with a "regular" rip for suspect discs.

Whenever there's a new, even minor release, I keep hoping for an improvement in this area. I find the entire dbpoweramp suite to be absolutely top-notch and indispensable, but as I said this is a frustration. And a curiosity to me, considering how sophisticated the program is. Maybe I'm missing something that makes this process a lot easier, or I'm not understanding why handling it differently would be difficult to implement.

Just my .02.

- Mark

Comment

Working...

]]>