title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[IFMULTI] not working when in [MultiEncoder]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smcpoland
    • Apr 2006

[IFMULTI] not working when in [MultiEncoder]

Hi,

I've checked this one several times so I'm pretty sure this is a bug...

My dbPA = 14.3 reference

I'm using the following Naming string:

Code:
    [IFEQUALS]genre,Classical,[IFVALUE][tag]composerSort[],[tag]composerSort[],composer[]\[Album]\[year] - [Conductor]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc] - [][track] – [title][][IFEQUALS]genre,Opera,[IFVALUE][tag]composerSort[],[tag]composerSort[],composer[]\[Album]\[year] - [Conductor]\[IFMULTI]Disc [disc] - [][track] – [title][][IF!EQUALS]genre,Classical,[IF!EQUALS]genre,Opera,[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[IFVALUE]album artist,[year] - []CD - [album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[year] - CD - [album]\[track][] - [title] [][]
    When using a Sinlge Encoder (FLAC) I get the correct result:

drive:\Verdi, Giuseppe\La Traviata\1993 - Zubin Mehta\Disc 1 - 01 – Preludio.flac

However when I use the same Naming String in MULTIEncoder mode (FLAC and iTUNES) I get the following:

drive:\Verdi, Giuseppe\La Traviata\1993 - Zubin Mehta\01 – Preludio.flac
    drive:\Verdi, Giuseppe\La Traviata\1993 - Zubin Mehta\01 – Preludio.m4a

for some reason dbPA is ignoring the MULTI DISC setting when doing MultiEncoding, note that [COLOR="*FF0000"]Disc 1[/COLOR] is missing in the latter...

thanks and regards
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: [IFMULTI] not working when in [MultiEncoder]

It is likely your FLAC files are not tagged in a way which dBpoweramp can read the disc number.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• smcpoland
      • Apr 2006

Re: [IFMULTI] not working when in [MultiEncoder]

Sorry but I don't understand what your saying, My Flac files aren't tagged correctly? This isn't possible...

Let me take a step back:

I'm ripping from CD using 14.3

I have Verdi's La Traviata and it is MultiDisc 1/2, I do not remove the CD from the Drawer.

When I use the naming string as given with standard (single encoder mode) I get the correct file name I'm looking for Disc 01 - [track] - [Title].Flac

When I use the naming string as given with MultiEncoder (Multi encoder mode) I get the INcorrect file name [track] - [Title].Flac where DISC n, is missing as if [IFMULTI] has not been used.

The only thing changing is choosing the profile, a normal Single Encoder (which works) and a profile for MultiEncoding (which doesn't).

I am doing nothing except inserting the disc,
      choosing a Single profile to test,
      then choosing a Multi Profile to test,

the latter does not work

The data is coming from Sonata, and I am not changing any of the meta data given to me...

dbPA reads the data in single mode but not in multi mode...

I remember a while back someone said that the Naming Dialogues were not the same, there is definately a visible difference, could it be that the code base is also different and does not recognise the [IFMulti]?

Hi there, when using the MULTIENCODER and setting the Naming (Save in Dynamic Artist Folder) the following three checkboxes do not appear... Show Example... Show Example and Current CD In fact looking at both the SINGLE and MULTIENCODER Naming Dialogs the Elements section is also different. Shouldn't these be the

Thanks and best regards

Comment

Working...

]]>