title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album artwork

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Per1
    • Nov 2012

Album artwork

I use a Linn system with their standard software - Kinsky. I rip my cds onto a NAS drive. When I open up Kinsky, I cannot see the album artwork! Only an empty cd cover. When I check the file, I see the Folder.jpg has the cover artwork. What to do?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Album artwork

dBpoweramp embeds art and writes folder.jpg, there is nothing more it can do. Try installing Asset UPnP Server on your PC and point it at the NAS, your artwork would show correctly then.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Per1
      • Nov 2012

Thank you and it works perfectly fine now. Regards Per

Comment

• mike_jordan
        • Jun 2009

Is there any way of changing album art later (e.g.for higher resolution images) without re-ripping the disc?

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

yes. if jpg stored as file in album subdirectory, just replace it with new jpg. If the art is embedded in file, select all the files, right click, select EDIT ID TAG from menu, then delete, add, etc. the artwork you've saved somewhere. One can also change metadata tag info here as well.

Comment

• mike_jordan
            • Jun 2009

Problem solved. I had tried, from Edit ID Tag, to click Add Album Art and then select Acquire (from scanner). For some reason, that doesn't work, even though it works fine when you are ripping the disc for the first time. Anyway, many thanks.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mike_jordan
              Problem solved. I had tried, from Edit ID Tag, to click Add Album Art and then select Acquire (from scanner). For some reason, that doesn't work, even though it works fine when you are ripping the disc for the first time. Anyway, many thanks.
              At that point I think you need the jpg on your computer to add rather from your scanner. That's how I've done it.

Comment

Working...

]]>