title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert 24 bit ape files to 24 bit flac files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • becket
    • Jun 2012

Convert 24 bit ape files to 24 bit flac files

I am trying to convert 24 bit ape files to 24 bit flac files. Music Converter converts the files to 16 bit. I am sure that there is a way to set preferences for music converter to convert to 24 bit but I do not know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do it? If so I will be very grateful.

The same music files also contain cue files. I don't know what these are but believe that they are image files. I use jpeg format for my image files. Is there a way to convert these cue files to a format I can use....or can anyone explain what the cue files are. Do I need them as a part of the metadata for file tagging? I use mp3 tag for tagging.

I realize that these are very basic questions but, unfortunately, that is my level of understanding. Any help will be appreciated.
  • becket
    • Jun 2012

Re: Convert 24 bit ape files to 24 bit flac files

OK, I now see the "bit depth" option in the dialog box. I do not recall seeing that before, but I could be mistaken. I also utilized the "resample" option to get to 96000. That is a bit weird since the file is already 96000, but I guess that is just a nit pick.

Sorry to take your time with my dumb question. However, I will appreciate it if anyone can clue me in on how to use (or convert?) the "cue" files in mp3 tag.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Convert 24 bit ape files to 24 bit flac files

Cue files are normally where you have a whole album as one audio file, the cue file indicates where each track starts. dBpoweramp cannot help you with cue files.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>