title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Burst mode vs Secure mode aborted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skypilotpete
    • May 2009

Burst mode vs Secure mode aborted

As described in another thread [post126377] I have been trying to rip some audio cds which have lots of tracks with huge numbers of frames to re-rip. This is a completely different (but related) question, so I'm starting a new thread.

The CDs are not important enough for me to be willing to wait while secure rip tries to recover 7000 - 20,000 frames, so I have set the secure rip parameters to abort if the number of frames to re-rip is above 100. I have then compared the result of an aborted secure rip with the same track ripped using burst method. I have found that the burst method gives a much better result. On the test track (9000 frames to re-rip) the aborted secure rip has very audible clicks, while the burst method sounds almost perfect.

Can anyone explain why this would be? I assumed that the secure rip method would start off with what you would get with a burst rip, and then the re-rip would go back and try to recover problem frames. In which case, an aborted re-rip ought to end up the same as a burst rip. Or have I got this wrong?
  • pablogm123
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2012

Re: Burst mode vs Secure mode aborted

The question: Are actually scratched/damaged these CDs?

Secure mode is: Several burst passes with/without C2 pointers, as configured, + re-rip of bad frames, and rips to RAM. Nothing is written to hard disk until the current track being ripped finish.

Comment

Working...

]]>