title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Detect changes in Asset UPNP running under crossover on Mac Mini

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mipi
    • Oct 2012

Detect changes in Asset UPNP running under crossover on Mac Mini

Hi,
    I am using Asset 4.1 running under crossover on a Mac Mini server 2010. As recommended Asset is running as service. What do I have to do if I copied new flac files in my music folder in order to make Asset to detect the changes? Pressing "Detect changes" in the Asset configuration doesn't work. How can I control how often Asset is looking for changes?
    Thanks, mipi
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Detect changes in Asset UPNP running under crossover on Mac Mini

Detect changes should work, perhaps the player is caching the views and is not updating?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mipi
      • Oct 2012

Hi Spoon,
      I don't think that's a problem of the player. I am using Asset (as recommended) as service. When I press "Detecting changes" a popup "Rscanning shortly ... (detecting changes)" appears. But then nothing happens. The status line for the library (showing the number of tracks and the number of albums) remains unchanged, even if I wait for 10 or 15 minutes (therefore my question how I can control the frequency of the scan). I tried to restart Crossover. In this case - after a short while - the rescan really starts (which is also reflected in the status line). This system behaviour is IMO not OK: I would expect that pressing the "Detecting changes" button already triggers the rescan.
      Thanks, Michael

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Check out the beta section of the forum, there is a native MAC version of Asset.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mipi
          • Oct 2012

I just installed the MAC version. The configuration is still very poor. How can I configure the search trees (something like genre - album artist - album)? There's no possibility to make Asset to detect changes (like in the Windows version). When will this be available?
          Best regards, mipi

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Best asking these points on the beta tread.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>