title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging from filenames whilst converting...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bassfiend
    • Mar 2011

Tagging from filenames whilst converting...

Hi Guys,

Newbie question I'm afraid but I did try searching and couldn't find the answer...

I have a load of WAVs in a folder structure of <source folder>/<artist name>/<album Name>/<track number> - <track name>.WAV and I can convert them into FLACs using the batch convertor but what I can't work out how to do is automatically tag them with the correct artist name, album name, track number and track name when doing so - I can add the cover art and that seems to be it ... I end up doing another pass with "The Godfather" to add the artist, album, track number and track name fields automatically.

I know there's a "Tag From Filename" plugin but I don't seem to be able to find it (or how to use it) once I've installed it... :(

Any advice gratefully received...

Cheers

Phil
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tagging from filenames whilst converting...

You convert the files to [Tag From Filename] which should appear where you select the encoder normally.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bassfiend
      • Mar 2011

Thanks, This has to be done as a second pass though after the FLAC files have been generated from the source WAVs and cannot be done as part of the actual encoding pass, yes?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bassfiend
          • Mar 2011

Oh poo! Thanks for the answer though...

Comment

Working...

]]>