title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Confused with Coreconverter parameters and final result

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pitoloko
    • Mar 2011

Confused with Coreconverter parameters and final result

Hello,

First of all i want to ask what means this parameters for lame encoder:
    Code:
    -lowpass 18.6
    -m j

Well, my problem is when I use this command:
    Code:
    coreconverter.exe -infile="1.mp3" -outfile="1.mp3" -dspeffect1="Preserve Source Attributes" -convert_to="mp3 (Lame)" -encoding="slow" -b 192 --cbr -q 0 -channels="auto" -priority="high" -noidtag --noreplaygain -errorfile="%TEMP%\1.mp3.txt"
    And after I open the mp3 file on mediainfo to see if the conversion was done with the quality that I want, i see this... :
    Code:
    Encoding settings                        : -m j -V 4 -q 3 -lowpass 18.6 -b 192
    Overall bit rate mode                    : Constant
    Overall bit rate                         : 192 Kbps
    -q 3 ??? ( i was put -q 0 in the commandline!)

- V 4 ??? ( i was put --cbr in the commandline!)

-m j ??? ( what means this? )

-lowpass 18.6 ?? (what means this?)

So please, someone can see the commandline settings in the code above to see if i was missed a thing or tell me if this is an error mine or is an error from Mediainfo? i've tryed it with many files...

EDIT: definitely is an error with the parameters, if i try to convert with -q 9 i get the same audio quality ( -q 3 ) when listening the file...
    ¿ what i'm doing worng ?

PS: I'm using last version of DMC with lame 3.99r

Thanks for read...
    Last edited by pitoloko; 10-15-2012, 04:04 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Confused with Coreconverter parameters and final result

See:

Certain Codecs (WMA, and compressed Wave) are difficult to setup as the settings are not guessable. Using CD Ripper it is possible to set the compression settings and read them back from the registry. Open CD Ripper, set the profile to default, set the encoder and settings as desired. Close CD Ripper then open regedit:
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pitoloko
      • Mar 2011

Re: Confused with Coreconverter parameters and final result

thankyou for the info, with the regkey i've solved this way:

Code:
      coreconverter.exe -infile="%~1" -outfile="%~n1.mp3" -convert_to="mp3 (Lame)" -b 192 --cbr --extracli="-q 0" -noidtag --noreplaygain -channels="joint stereo" -priority="high" || (CALL :ERROR "%~1")
      PS: The -lowpass 18.6 parameter means the frecuency cut

bye!

Comment

Working...

]]>