title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset and Logitech Media Server

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johncan
    • Oct 2009

Asset and Logitech Media Server

Can they coexist together on a Windows XP box?

I currently have two Roku Soundbridges (M2000 and M1000) that still work and I plan on using them until they die. I am currently using dBPoweramp's Asset to serve FLAC files to the two Rokus. Neither Roku cannot natively play FLAC so Asset transcodes them to WAV on the server side. The server is an old Windows XP box with a single Pentium 4 CPU and 1.5 GB of RAM.

I recently bought a Logitech Squeezebox Radio for my wife to use in the kitchen. I was unaware that the Squeezebox Radio can use only Logitech Media Server (LMS) software to see the FLAC files stored on the Windows XP box in the basement. The Squeezebox Radio does not work with Asset.

I installed Logitech Media Server on the XP box and now Asset is not showing up on either Roku even though the Asset software is still running.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I really don't understand the Logitech Media Server software. Is it somehow blocking Asset?

Thanks in advance.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Asset and Logitech Media Server

Originally posted by Johncan
    Can they coexist together on a Windows XP box?

I currently have two Roku Soundbridges (M2000 and M1000) that still work and I plan on using them until they die. I am currently using dBPoweramp's Asset to serve FLAC files to the two Rokus. Neither Roku cannot natively play FLAC so Asset transcodes them to WAV on the server side. The server is an old Windows XP box with a single Pentium 4 CPU and 1.5 GB of RAM.

I recently bought a Logitech Squeezebox Radio for my wife to use in the kitchen. I was unaware that the Squeezebox Radio can use only Logitech Media Server (LMS) software to see the FLAC files stored on the Windows XP box in the basement. The Squeezebox Radio does not work with Asset.

I installed Logitech Media Server on the XP box and now Asset is not showing up on either Roku even though the Asset software is still running.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I really don't understand the Logitech Media Server software. Is it somehow blocking Asset?

Thanks in advance.
    They should be able to coexist. LMS is just a program running on the computer (I use to serve music to my many Squeezebox players). Go into the WebGUI of LMS (you can reach this by right clicking on the LMS icon in your windows tray and selecting WEB CONTROL, or opening the Control Panel on right clicking the LMS tray icon, then ADVANCED SETTINGS under the advanced tab), in the lower right corner select SETTINGS, then select the PLUGINS tab. On this page, make sure you "uncheck" the UpNp/DLNA Media" plugin (then hit apply). You do NOT want to be using LMS's DLNA server at the same time you're ASSET I suspect.

The other issue is ports used by LMS vs ASSET. I know that LMS uses 3483, 9000, and 9090. Maybe ASSET uses 9000? If so, you can change LMS to use a different port than 9000. Go into LMS > SETTINGS > Advanced Tab, then click dropdown menu for "networking" and change the 9000 to 9001, for example. Then hit APPLY (and I'd probably reboot machine at that point).

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Asset does not use 9000, it uses 26125.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Johncan
        • Oct 2009

I got Asset to run along side Logitech Media Server. My antivirus was blocking Asset from running correctly.

It looks like I need to have both Asset and Logitech Media Server running to stream music to the appropriate hardware: Asset for the Roku Soundbridge and Logitech Media Server for Squeezebox Radio. It would be much nicer to have only one media server.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Johncan
          It would be much nicer to have only one media server.
          I agree. I'm a complete Squeezebox setup (Transporter, 2 Touch(es), 2 BOOMS, 2 RADIOS, all controlled with ipeng or squeezepad on iphone/ipad). But in your case, your options would be to replace the radio with something that works with DLNA (and use ASSET) or replace the Rokku with another Squeezebox (and use LMS). If you care about synching multiple players, LMS is rock solid. I'm not sure if ASSET handles perfect synching across multiple players. In general, DLNA is not good at this (or is it even capable of this....not sure).

keep in mind that Logitech is announcing a new UE Radio to replace the current radio and it will use a different approach than LMS (but it will not be DLNA, so your issue is still there).

Comment

Working...

]]>