title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dropping connection between Asset server and player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobP
    • Aug 2012

Dropping connection between Asset server and player

I am using Asset UpnP (version 4) to stream Spotify to my Naim Uniti. I am doing this by playing Spotify on my PC (windows 7) and selecting 'Asset UpnP - Advanced - Sound Card capture - speakers' on the Naim. After playing a few tracks (the number/time playing varies) the stream is dropped/disconnected. The connection between the PC and the Naim does not appear to be the problem because the stream from my Windows Media Player library plays uninterrupted. It does not appear to be a Spotify problem because when the Spotify stream has stopped playing on the Naim, it is still playing on the PC.

Having to reconnect to the server every 20 mins or so is not the best way to keep a party moving! So, any solutions welcome.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dropping connection between Asset server and player

Is wireless involved somewhere?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobP
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      Is wireless involved somewhere?
      Hi Spoon, and thanks for picking this up so quickly.

The link is ethernet over mains between the PC and router and then wired between router and Naim. As I said the connection is solid when streaming my library through media player and also I think when streaming the library through Asset (although I haven't tested this regularly yet). At a guess it seems like a stability problem on the sound card capture part of the root ... but I'm not very techy and I may be missing something obvious.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try setting the stream for sound capture as mp3 (if you have not already).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobP
          • Aug 2012

The Audio Format Streaming is set to mp3 320 kbps (the box on the bottom right of the advanced settings screen) but the WASAPI format is set to 'as is'. do you mean change the WASAPI format to mp3?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Yes, but I think it would already be mp3.

I have not come across anything which limits playback to 20 minutes, there are some unknowns such as your network, if you are able to put the Asset + Naim player on the same network as a test...
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RobP
              • Aug 2012

The PC and Naim are on the same network, so isn't Asset, as one of the server configurations on the PC, also connected to the same network? I think it must be because Asset UPnP is one of the server options offered on the Naim when it is turned on.

I have changed the audio streaming format for WASAPI to mp3 from the previous 'as is'. I'm not sure if 'as is' meant mp3 anyway, but I can report that it has played Spotify for 2 hours since this change. Early days yet but it is looking hopeful. Is there any logic behind this change or am I just being fooled by the coincidence of it not dropping out for 2 hours!

Thanks for your support on this.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Perhaps a coincidence.

If problem continues try to eliminate the ethernet over mains link as a test.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>