title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Export album art changes file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2bob
    • Aug 2012

Export album art changes file

I've ripped my CD's to WAV with embedded album art and a Folder.jpg file in the directory.

Then i made the mistake of using WMP. It replaced my original folder.jpg files with it's own version - smaller res and in some cases different artwork.

So i want to restore the original artwork by extracting it from the WAV files.

I installed the 'ID Tag Update' utility and it works like a charm except it seem to modify the original files for some reason - the date/time and file size changes.

Any idea why this should happen?
    Last edited by 2bob; 08-03-2012, 12:54 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Export album art changes file

ID Tag update would modify the files as it clears the tags and rewrites them.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      ID Tag update would modify the files as it clears the tags and rewrites them.
      But your audio itself in the files is untouched.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 2bob
        I've ripped my CD's to WAV with embedded album art and a Folder.jpg file in the directory.

Then i made the mistake of using WMP.
        Is there any reason whatsoever to use WAV over one of the losslessly compressed formats like FLAC? Added bonus: WMP doesn't know it and therefore doesn't sabotage it.

Comment

Working...

]]>