title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP (DLNA) startup problems in Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lionel
    • Jun 2012

Asset UPnP (DLNA) startup problems in Windows 7

I have installed Asset UPnP registered version on a PC running Windows 7 Home Premium. The music files it is pointed to are on a Netgear NAS Ultra 2. On bootup Asset does not start automatically. If I manually start it, as a User, from the Start Menu (or a shortcut) it starts, but the library comes up blank.

If I right click on the start menu listing and "run as administrator" it will start correctly & the library is then read properly. I can also get it to run properly if I open the Asset UPnP configuration start menu item (I get UAC & have to use the administrator password), I can get it going if I "restart Asset" within the configuration screen.

This is all a nuisance. How can I configure Asset UPnP to start automatically on boot-up, & read the library correctly.

Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Lionel
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset UPnP (DLNA) startup problems in Windows 7

Set asset to run as a service on the configuration page.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lionel
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      Set asset to run as a service on the configuration page.
      Thanks for the reply. This has helped, as it now starts automatically, but it is still unreliable updating the library after new material has been added to the NAS server. Sometimes it is OK, but more often than not I have to open the configuration program & restart asset in order to have the library complete. Any ideas on why this should be so?

Cheers,

Lionel

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

How many tracks are on the NAS?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lionel
          • Jun 2012

The "My Music" folder is 8,274 files in 840 folders. 210GB worth.

Cheers,

Lionel

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is possible the NAS is no longer sending the new content signals which Asset uses, so the only way to add new content is to trigger a Refresh (detecting new)
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lionel
              • Jun 2012

Have done a bit of observation of this problem in the last few days. Asset seems to work fine if I point it to the music folder on the PC, rather than the one on the NAS Ultra 2. The folders are the same, as they sync with SyncToy, & as the PC has to be on to run Asset, it is no problem. Everything works OK then.

I think there is a problem with of compatibility between Asset & the Netgear NAS Ultra 2 on my system, because when I ran Asset as a service the NAS would drop off the network when the PC was closed down, necessitating a reboot of the NAS for the network to see it again. These endless incompatibility problems drive one mad!!

Anyway, it's working OK now for what I need to do, so thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Lionel

Comment

Working...

]]>