title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playlist2 - *EXTINF info

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLANE
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2011

Playlist2 - *EXTINF info

I construct playlists with information on the *EXTINF line to show more than just the title tag.
    An example is below.

************************************************** ***************************************
    *EXTINF:305,Bach , JS - BWV0995 - Suite in G minor - I. Prelude
    N:\Classical\Bach , JS\Instrumental\Lute\BWV0995 - Suite in G minor\Kirchhof - 1990\FLAC\01 - I. Prelude.flac
    ************************************************** ***************************************

Every controller I use only shows the title tag (the title does not have the "01 - " part of the file name in the above example).

Is this a function of the controller/renderer, or Asset not delivering the *EXTINF data?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Playlist2 - *EXTINF info

Not if the track is index by asset, if it is then Asset fills the complete metadata from the actual file.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RLANE
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2011

Got a little insight last night.
      While Asset was rescanning the library (was past the "Counting Audio Tracks" stage and was at the stage where it scans the actual tracks) I copied some new playlists to the folder where they are stored for Asset.
      Folders are as follows:

N:\Classical\ - Audio tracks
      N:\Playlists\FLAC\ - FLAC Playlists
      N:\Playlists\MPS\ - MP3 Playlists

Asset is configured to scan the first folder for audio tracks and the other two for playlists.

One question : When a Playlist container is added to the browsing structure, should the box to show/list audio tracks be checked or unchecked?

I opened a client and the new playlists were immediately visible, and all of them showed up with the EXTINF as desired (Composer - Composition - Artist - Year - Title). The rescan continued past my bed time. When I arose and checked it out, all of the new playlists had lost the EXTINF data and only the track title shows up on clients when the new playlists are accessed by a client.
      Why does Asset at some point replace the ETXINF part of the Playlist file with the track title?
      Last edited by RLANE; 06-14-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

> should the box to show/list audio tracks be checked or unchecked?

Makes no difference

It is replaced because Asset has full metadata for the file, rather than a single title line.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>