title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

music converter freezes when examining `source and overwrite check`

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • florianu
    • Apr 2012

music converter freezes when examining `source and overwrite check`

over the last days, I converted my complete flac collection (ca 12000 files) to mp3 in order to make them available for itunes.
    everything worked fine, and even the conversion of flacs I added later worked very well (dbpoweramp only converting newly arrived files after doing the `source and overwrite` check.)
    Now, when I added some more flacs an wanted to do a new conversion, dbpoweramp is freezing on the `source and overwrite check`. Nothing is happening vor 12 hours and more, the progress bar stopping on the first `+` symbol.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and advice.

`
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: music converter freezes when examining `source and overwrite check`

If the computer has not frozen (ie the mouse still moves), try converting just the new FLAC files you have added (manually select them), do they convert?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• florianu
      • Apr 2012

The computer has not frozen at all. Only the program seems to be concerned, as it does not progress at all. it nevertheless responds quickly, if I cancel the process.
      I followed your advice, and in fact, the conversion of single files and even single new folders works. just if I ask it to convert the complete folder and wait for the oberwrite check to be done, it does not!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There could be a memory (over 4GB) issue if doing the whole collection, as the ID Tags are stored at that stage internally.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• florianu
          • Apr 2012

thank you for your replies so far - I am still having the same issue; it is quite a problem when handling my large ad growing database!
          is there a solution to my problem?
          an update?
          memory extension?
          anything else?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

We will optimize this section for R15, until then you just have to process your library in smaller batches.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• florianu
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
              We will optimize this section for R15, until then you just have to process your library in smaller batches.
              when will r15 be available?
              how will I upgrade from my ripnas to the latest release? The issue is that dbpoweramp came preinstalled on my ripnas and I couldt find out how to upgrade to the latest release

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

R15 will not be out for a long time (it will not even enter beta until Q1 or Q2 of next year).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>