title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD ripper freeze or bsod my PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Friske
    • Apr 2012

Re: CD ripper freeze or bsod my PC

So are there any reson to belive that the real version will work better then the trail version? or should i just start looking into other rippers?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

The registered version would not make a difference.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• woadl
        • Dec 2012

Hello I have just been reading this thread I have been using DB Ripper for a long time and have ripped all my Cd's no problem. I have now changed my mother Board, CPU, extra ram, Hard drive, and Changed to a Bluray Pioneer Drive...in otherwords a new computer except the case and power supply which are more than enough for the job. Everything works fine ecept for DBPoweramp CD Ripper it just freezes, This can happen when i go to add artwork from a file, typing in song titles or artists on CD I have made or just when its ripping. When it does freeze the whole computer locks up not even task manager works, the only way I can unfreeze it is to log off. I have tried reinstalling the ripper program, reinstalling Pioneer Drivers...all sorts Help i use this a lot and at the moment it is broken any suggestions. I run Windows 7 , 16meg of ram my old computer was not as powerfull and worked perfect !!

thanks
        Brian

Comment

• woadl
          • Dec 2012

Hi i have just notice that the paste artwork is not working and when I go to add Artwork from file it freezes, but sometimes i can get past that and go on to input the names and artist manualy and then it freezes...again these are cd I have made myself, but it also happens on original cds

thanks
          brian

Comment

• dbfan
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jan 2011

If the whole computer freezes then the computer has a hardware fault.

On my system I could not cause a freeze up even if I wanted to.

Comment

• woadl
              • Dec 2012

My computer seems fine I have a lot of programs on it and none of them freeze or cause it to crash, what hardware do you think it could be ? how would I tell what is fault ?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Windows is designed not to lock up or freeze because of program fault, the programs which run (not drivers) have no access to be able to do this, only a driver fault, or hardware fault can do this, and it could be any part of the system. Try some stress test programs to test your system.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• woadl
                  • Dec 2012

I wil try over Christmas break thanks for your suggestion Spoon

Comment

• smcpoland
                    • Apr 2006

You might want to consider trying to monitor processes and logging with Process Monitor

you also might want to look at BSOD Help

And for self help BSOD Self Analysis, try here (actually very good used it before)

best regards and Happy Xmas

Comment

Working...

]]>