title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cd ripper different to reference version.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Toma
    • Mar 2012

Cd ripper different to reference version.

I've been having a bit of trouble for a while now ripping CDs in one file.. Any way went back to the hi fi shop today and they use dbpower with a NAS drive. I brought the same set up
    As them. Problem is when they put a cd in to rip and press meta a window pops up giving 2 suggestions regarding album title and tracks. I don't get this? They don't have the reference version as me just the cd ripper. Is there a difference. He's had no trouble with his but mine has been a pain putting tracks in 2 seperate folders etc...
    Any thoughts and thank you in advance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cd ripper different to reference version.

You get a track listing but no meta data? ie Track01 Track02?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Toma
      • Mar 2012

Yes I get the track listing... But no window pops up
      Giving a choice of which album info you would like. I have uninstalled from
      My comp and re installed but it seems to re install with the settings of the one uninstalled. Hope this makes sense. It's hard to explain.
      Is there a cheaper version to buy than dbpower reference? Not sure if that one is working with the system and reference isn't??

Comment

• Toma
        • Mar 2012

Sorry I do get track listing with meta data.

Comment

• dbfan
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jan 2011

The only window which would show is a freedb selection page, if you disable all metadata providers except freedb and uncheck perfectmeta you will also get this window.

That is not to say that is the best way forward, as having more metadata is better.

To me it sounds like something Might be blocking metadata retrieval, such as a firewall.

Comment

• Toma
            • Mar 2012

managed to get 'Choose free db match' window to pop up after deselecting the ones you said. i ripped them to my nas drive but when i look at my remote for the streamer the album is there but all the tracks are mixed up and there are 3 songs duplicated??
            On my hard drive it is showing them all in the right order with track listing 1 to 12 on them??

Dont know what is going on with it. is my hard drive faulty, is it the software settings or my streamer??

Comment

• dbfan
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jan 2011

You would have to check the Id tags for those 3 tracks, browse to them, right click on on >> edit id tags

Comment

• Toma
                • Mar 2012

do you mean browse through these on my hard drive? what is the process for editing them. is it a case of renaming them? sorry if im being a pain but dont really understand using the software properly

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Filenames are not really used by UPnP servers, the embedded ID Tags are, so you have to look at the tags for the exact file in question.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>