title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some questions and recommendations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JustaNewUser
    • Sep 2011

Some questions and recommendations

Hi there,
    first off a big thank you for creating such a stable, easy to use and overall great program!

I have some minor recomendations to make it even better a few simple questions...

1. It would really be nice to have more flexibility regarding some standard tags with each track. For example Year or Date (and also Genre) can only be changed for the whole album (with a compliation you often have tracks that are from different years and lets not even get started on different Genres on any album)... It would even better if we could even have more (and possibly custom) tags to enter; but I am sure that would make things a bit more complicated (or even unstable) and might not be possible...

2. I don't know if this is already possible but may be a nice idea for the converter: being able to automatically get the tag info for .wav tracks (like the ripper gets for whole CDs) when converting from wav to other formats. (There are tools like Shazam that can ID tracks so something similar might work?). If this is impossible can the converter at least piece together the info of an album if all .wav are named correctly (for ex.: Beatles-White Album - Track 1.wav.. ...?

3. Your program is so good that I would think it would sell well as a Mac version as well (I don't know, but the whole App store is supposed to even make it easy and fast to get it out there). There is no real alternative out there for Macs (especially with Accuraterip); the only thing that is ok but not as good would be MAX and that is no longer updated at all...

4. I don't know if it really matters much anymore (or if they made things even worse) but a new Lame version is out. However, when I check for codec updates (with my new version 14 of dbpoweramp) it says all are current; is this a precaution, to wait for a half year or so to see if things have changed for the worse? That would be understandable... I am happy with the quality as it is, and I guess never change a running system...

And a last simple question: I happily purchased the multi license version even though I may not use it (certainly not to the full extend anyhow) to also support the development... If I did decide to install it on another computer, how would I do that? Just install the downloaded file again on the other PC or do I have to copy some Keycode after installing or do I have to write an email request?

Thanks for your time, answers and maybe implementation of this stuff...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Some questions and recommendations

Thanks for your feedback.

The latest lame is in the R14.3 beta (see the beta section of this forum)

The install you have can be installed on the 2nd computer by simply running it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JustaNewUser
      • Sep 2011

Thanks,
      so will it help to keep my fingers crossed for the change in tag fields, converter metadata lookup and a Mac version?

Comment

• eaglescout1998
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2009

I may be mistaken, but couldn't the lame.exe file located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame)" simply be replaced with the newer version?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Yes it can be
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>