title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD not in AccurateRip-strange track titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob_m
    • Aug 2008

CD not in AccurateRip-strange track titles

Hello:

I tried to rip a test tone CD which is included with a the Dayton Omnimic product. Interestingly, DBpoweramp believes the CD is from David Bowie. The CD is not in AccurateRip, why would it think this? I figured it would just have blanks for the title and track names?
    Thanks Bob
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD not in AccurateRip-strange track titles

CDs are identified by their track lengths, this test tone disc, must have tracks exactly the same length as a david bowie cd.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bob_m
      I tried to rip a test tone CD which is included with a the Dayton Omnimic product. Interestingly, DBpoweramp believes the CD is from David Bowie. The CD is not in AccurateRip, why would it think this? I figured it would just have blanks for the title and track names?
      The AccurateRip database and the metadata providers' databases are different. They also differ in how they identify albums.

AccurateRip identifies no metadata, only the CD by its table of contents (that is, track lengths) -- calculated with a fairly high precision to avoid such collisions.
      The metadata providers use rougher means of identifiying the CD. Rougher, in the sense that two CDs with near-identical tables of contents, will more often be identified as identical.

So in this case, the metadata provider cannot tell your CD from a David Bowie one. AccurateRip can, because it uses a finer identification algorithm.

Comment

• bob_m
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Porcus
        The AccurateRip database and the metadata providers' databases are different. They also differ in how they identify albums.

AccurateRip identifies no metadata, only the CD by its table of contents (that is, track lengths) -- calculated with a fairly high precision to avoid such collisions.
        The metadata providers use rougher means of identifiying the CD. Rougher, in the sense that two CDs with near-identical tables of contents, will more often be identified as identical.

So in this case, the metadata provider cannot tell your CD from a David Bowie one. AccurateRip can, because it uses a finer identification algorithm.
        thanks you for the explanation. Bob

Comment

Working...

]]>