title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC tags: Discnumber issues (1/1 desired and configured, 1 output)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nycebo
    • Mar 2012

FLAC tags: Discnumber issues (1/1 desired and configured, 1 output)

I have been using dbpoweramp cd ripper and it's great. Never had an issue with MP3s. Recently, decided to start ripping my jazz and classical CDs into FLAC instead of MP3. Curiously, the discnumber tag seems to have a bug with FLACs. While MP3s appeared with the desired discnumber tag set at 1/1, FLAC tags appears as 1 even though I have the tag options set for 1/1. All else in the tags works perfect. What I end up having to do is go into MP3tag and retag the discnumber manually to 1/1. Anyone else noticed this?

I am using dBpoweramp CD Ripper v. 14.2 on a windows 7 machine. Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC tags: Discnumber issues (1/1 desired and configured, 1 output)

FLAC stores its disc number and disc count as two separate tags, right click on a flac file >> Edit ID Tag and it will show.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nycebo
      • Mar 2012

@Spoon, thanks.

Comment

• nycebo
        • Mar 2012

Okay, I experimented a bit more with the FLAC fields. It should be known that I'm just getting into ripping my CDs as FLACs so please forgive any naive questions...but I just couldn't find the exact answer in this or other forums. Anyway, I do see that FLAC is storing the fields in two separate tags...once read as discnumber and the other as totaldiscs. However, the latter field doesn't seem to update properly. When I have a two disc set and want the first disc to be labels as 1/2 for mp3....and subsequently discnumber =1 and totaldiscs = 2.....that's not happening. Instead, totaldiscs is showing 1 also. Is there a checkbox that I have to hit in order for it to generate the 2 from the '1/2' showing in the discnumber field in dBpoweramp?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

In CD Ripper where it says the 'Disc' at the top, set to 1/2
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nycebo
            • Mar 2012

I though I did indeed have it set to "1/2" but I've been ripping dozens of CDs recently. I'll be sure to pay specific attention when I next rip a multi-disc CD and then report back. Thanks again. Very solid program you've built. Just AWESOME.

Comment

• nycebo
              • Mar 2012

@Spoon, so far...resolved. I have verified (and now ensure for each individual disk) that setting the disc number as 1/2 gets written as discnumber = 1 and totaldiscs = 2. My tag lookups must have been off during a few of the rips that were not setting the totaldiscs field properly. Anyway, I have the hang of it now and really love your product. Great tips and perfect tags that don't require any post-processing in Mp3tag at all. Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>