title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CDRipper Rerip Frames

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrcd
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2012

CDRipper Rerip Frames

Why does re-rip frames occur and why doesn't it resolve? The only way I can to keep it from doing this is to uncheck secure and choose burst.

• Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CDRipper Rerip Frames

Disable c2 pointers, some drive do not support correctly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mrcd
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Spoon
      Disable c2 pointers, some drive do not support correctly.
      How do you perform this task?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mrcd
        How do you perform this task?
        ripper > options > ripping method > secure settings > about 1/2 way down, uncheck the box next to "use C2 pointers"

Comment

• mrcd
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by garym
          ripper > options > ripping method > secure settings > about 1/2 way down, uncheck the box next to "use C2 pointers"
          It was not enabled.

Comment

• FMNY
            • Oct 2010

Why does re-rip frames occur and why doesn't it resolve? The only way I can to keep it from doing this is to uncheck secure and choose burst.

Either your CD has some damage (a scratch, dirt, or some other defect) or your CD drive is having reading problems. Re-rip frames means it could not accurately read the data on those frames and will re-rip each individual frame multiple times until it pulls the same result 10 times and thus feels it has an accurate read of that frame. If it does not get 10 matches during re-rip then that frame cannot be read accurately and you simply get an error for that track.

If you switch to burst mode it will rip the track straight through, but it won't re-rip any questionable frames so you'll end up with questionable data on those difficult frames. Questionable data can sound like a dropout, a pop, scraping noise, or be completely inaudible.

8559 frames is too many to re-rip. It would take hours. Try cleaning your CD and/or ripping it with a different drive.

Comment

• eaglescout1998
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Apr 2009

When I encounter something like this, what I do is skip the track. Once the other tracks have been ripped, I go back and re-rip the track(s) that I skipped. Usually, they will rip accurately on the first pass.

Comment

• mrcd
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Feb 2012

I can choose to cancel and re-rip several times .. I tried 3 different times and each time it gives a different number of frames to re-rip

Comment

• garym
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Nov 2007

I can choose to cancel and re-rip several times .. I tried 3 different times and each time it gives a different number of frames to re-rip
                  It's having problem ripping that disk then. This can even happen with a brand new disk (errors in manufacturing). You might try to rip with a different drive. I've found that hard to rip CDs sometimes work when using a different drive or computer. What happens if you let it finish ripping. Even with reripping frames, dbpa can still eventually produce a secure rip.

Comment

• fugno
                    • Apr 2009

I seem to have the same problem and when I try to rip it with EAC the program tells me there's a timing problem, this is a new Plextor drive supposedly optimized for CD burning.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

You need to try a different CD drive (form another manufacturer).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oggy
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by fugno
                        I seem to have the same problem and when I try to rip it with EAC the program tells me there's a timing problem, this is a new Plextor drive supposedly optimized for CD burning.
                        I guess DAE, digital audio extraction and how a drive copes with an imperfect disc, either damaged or a manufacturing fault that is paramount here, rather than a drive optimised for writing. Sometimes any old drive will drive will do the trick, and it is worth having an alternative to try.

This does not mean that a drive optimised for writing, will do anything but perform superbly, 99.9% of the time.

Sadly, very rarely, a disc, or track / tracks from a disc, will give errors.
                        Last edited by Oggy; 04-05-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Sunfist
                          • Mar 2013

When I have that problem I will usually carefully wash the disk and try it again. If it still doesn't work toss it and get another copy of it or just live with the fact that you are going to be missing a track from that album. When I started getting that occurring fairly often (once a week or more) I replaced the drive with one of the highest rated ones from the list they maintain on this forum, no more problems, I can not even remember the last time I had an error that didn't resolve.

Comment

• Oggy
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Oggy

Sadly, very rarely, a disc, or track / tracks from a disc, will give errors.
                            My worst fail was Mike Oldfield, Island, PDO disc, which wouldn't read the TOC. Just had a Polydor, 1992 Siouxsie disc, that took three copies to get an AccurateRip and an Island, Loudain Wainwright that a second copy has given errors on the last 2-3 tracks. I'm trying one different CD before giving up. I strongly suspect that these last two discs are down to imperfections on the label side.

Whilst this is really frustrating, I should add that I've had 5 fails, out of around 1,700 CDs, 3 being the notorious PDO "bronzing".

These faults are different to a scratch on the reflective side and Copy protection fail, and it would be interesting to hear from anyone else who have ripped these discs, Twice Upon A Time (1992) and Career Moves (1993).

Apart from the PDO bronzing discs, the common denominator is, a fancy coloured label.
                            Last edited by Oggy; 04-08-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Oggy
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Oggy
                              My worst fail was Mike Oldfield, Island, PDO disc, which wouldn't read the TOC. Just had a Polydor, 1992 Siouxsie disc, that took three copies to get an AccurateRip and an Island, Loudain Wainwright that a second copy has given errors on the last 2-3 tracks. I'm trying one different CD before giving up. I strongly suspect that these last two discs are down to imperfections on the label side.

Whilst this is really frustrating, I should add that I've had 5 fails, out of around 1,700 CDs, 3 being the notorious PDO "bronzing".

These faults are different to a scratch on the reflective side and Copy protection fail, and it would be interesting to hear from anyone else who have ripped these discs, Twice Upon A Time (1992) and Career Moves (1993).

Apart from the PDO bronzing discs, the common denominator is, a fancy coloured label.
                              Update, a third copy of the Loudain Wainwright CD, ripped perfectly. The two copies that failed, also failed on the same two tracks on EAC. They did rip in iTunes, but with audible errors.

Comment

Working...

]]>