title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Won't Open '...has stopped working.'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dstella
    • Jan 2012

CD Ripper Won't Open '...has stopped working.'

I have been ripping my CD collection successfully for months now. Love the program. But recently it seems to have stopped working. I launch the program from my desktop shortcut as I have for hundreds of CD's and it starts to open, the program starts to load, I see the blank format, and then an error message pops up from Microsoft Windows stating 'dBpoweramp CD Ripper has stopped working'. I tried updating the program and codex but nothing seems to be working. I would hate to have to reload the program as I would have to reset everything. Any suggestions?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper Won't Open '...has stopped working.'

Try starting CD Ripper with no CD in the drive. Does it load?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dstella
      • Jan 2012

No it does not. When I insert a disc the program can't see it and tells me to insert a CD. When no CD is in the drive and I load the program, it simply crashes out like I stated before. I have no idea what is going on. Please help!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Reset all the settings:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Then reinstall and try on default settings.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dstella
          • Jan 2012

Ok. Is there a way I can save my settings such as encoder settings so I don't have to redo all that? It took me a long time to get everything set up the way I wanted. Please let me know before I start all over again.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You would have to redo, the idea behind the settings clear is if a setting has been set which causes issue on your hardware this will find it.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>