title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I add AC3 File Support?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do I add AC3 File Support?

I want to be able to Right-click an ac3 file and convert it to Flac. I did what it said on this page:
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-directshow.htm

I downloaded the AC3 Direct Show Filter. I installed dBpoweramp's DirectShow filter. I couldn't see the convert option in the right-click menu when I clicked on an ac3 file.

I then edited this file and added .ac3 on a new line: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\dbpoweramp\directsho w

How can I get this to work?

Administrator

Re: How do I add AC3 File Support?

After editing the file, run dBpoweramp Configuration to add the convert to option to the right click.

I can now convert ac3 to Flac or Wav but when I go to play the file, it's empty and doesn't have any audio in it.

Also, I'm subscribed to this thread but I'm not receiving emails. My email address is correct.

Administrator

If the ac3 codec is installed correctly Windows Media Player should be able to play the file, can it?

I have to select the file and choose "Open with" Windows Media Player. It says it's not recognized by WMP but do I want to try and play it anyway.

I say yes and it plays. Is that how it should happen?

So it plays in WMP that way. I then try and convert an ac3 file to WAV and the resulting audio has file has no sound.

I installed everything correctly (see my first post), so why won't this work?
    Last edited by holygamer999; 01-27-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Administrator

Try having a look at the options for the AC3 codec, there will be an icon after installing the codec.