title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Random Fields Missing After Conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjast
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2011

Random Fields Missing After Conversion

I'm using Music Converter to convert some hires AIFF files to 16-44. The process goes fine, except that some of the metadata is randomly missing on various tracks: some Cover Art appears, others does not, some Album Titles are missing, others are not, and so on ...

Many of these files were originally FLAC files that were converted to AIFF, but all of their metadata shows up fine in iTunes, just disappears after I convert them using Music Converter.

Hmm
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Random Fields Missing After Conversion

For one of the AIFF files which has missing field(s), the original file, select it >> right click >> edit ID Tags

does it show the missing information?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjast
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      For one of the AIFF files which has missing field(s), the original file, select it >> right click >> edit ID Tags

does it show the missing information?
      That option does not seem to appear in Mac version of iTunes 10.2.1. Or am I missing something? We are talking about doing this in iTunes, aren't we?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The option is from dBpoweramp, it installs its self into Windows Explorer, so if you browse in Windows File Explorer and right click on an audio track.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjast
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          The option is from dBpoweramp, it installs its self into Windows Explorer, so if you browse in Windows File Explorer and right click on an audio track.
          Thanks, I found it Windows Explorer, which has helped me to discover the problem.

Apparently, the program I've been using to convert purchased Hi-Res FLAC files to AIFF, has been stripping out all of the metadata except the title. (ugly) So, I have had to manually put back in the metadata in iTunes. But, of course, that data is not in the native file - only in iTunes. So when I export it to a lower resolution file using Music Converter the metadata is, again, no longer present.

Lesson learned: Use Music Converter for all of my conversions!

Thanks for your assistance. You've helped me discover ways to use Music Converter - in Window's Explorer options - that I didn't know existed.

Comment

Working...

]]>