title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Positive re-rip feedback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skypilotpete
    • May 2009

Positive re-rip feedback

I thought I'd report a very positive experience with the re-ripping aspect of secure ripping. I've been using dBpoweramp CD Ripper for a long time but whenever I've had the program report that it is re-ripping a large number of frames, I've never had the patience to wait for the whole process to complete. I've simply aborted, used the burst method, and put up with the result. On one hand I've been concerned by the warning that re-ripping places a lot of stress on the CD drive, and I've also thought that if the disk is bad enough to need 1,000 frames to be re-ripped, then nothing is going to be able to fix it. Today I had a track that I REALLY wanted to rip successfully, but it was reporting 900+ frames to be re-ripped. I decided to allow it to go through the whole process just to see what happened. Four and a half hours later, dbPoweramp finally reported a secure rip. I then ripped the same track using the burst method and compared the two. The secure rip had no audible faults. The burst rip was unlistenable in quite a few places. A very satisfying result! Thanks to Spoon and dbPoweramp.
Working...

]]>