title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasong
    • Dec 2011

Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

I am trying to convert about 365 gigs of flac files to mp3's. I would like to retain the files in the original folders instead of converting them all into
    individual files. I searched for how to do this and have found people have asked the same question as me. I know that I must use dynamic naming and type this--- [origpath]\[origfilename] , but I am unable to click Dynamic under Output Location because the text is grey and not black. I can click
    on Original Folder and Folder but not Dynamic. Any help as to what I am doing wrong would be great! Also, once I am able to click dynamic, should I
    type [origpath]\[origfilename] or Mp3/[origpath]\[origfilename]. Also converting flac to mp3 240 kbps said it would take 3 days and a number of
    hours, would converting to "standard" 190 save me some time? Thanks for all your help!

Jason
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Need help with large flac to mp3 conversion!

Which version of dBpowerAMP do you have? Only the Reference version allows you to use the dynamic naming.

Comment

• jasong
      • Dec 2011

Ok. I purchased the reference. Now what should I type under dynamic to keep the files the exact same way they are now? I am also curious as to why the program keeps crashing giving me a "not responding" message? Thanks!
      Last edited by jasong; 12-29-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• jasong
        • Dec 2011

Ok, I got everything to work the way I want it. Is it possible for the converter to transfer my album art with each album to the new location. I noticed the folder.jpgs are missing from the new conversions?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

There is a DSP effect 'Preserve Album Art', include it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jasong
            • Dec 2011

Found it. Thanks a lot!!!

Comment

• JellyCat
              • Jan 2012

I'm doing the same thing but I'm stuck - how do you do it ? I have the Reference version and wish to convert Flac to MP3 and send the files to an external HD in their relevant folders. I can do one at a time but not a batch, please help.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

There is a program Batch Converter, the help file describes how to use it.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JellyCat
                  • Jan 2012

Yes, found it. Thanks Spoon. Actually the answer is in the first post - maybe I should have read it properly. I've had this software for years too but never actually needed to use the batch converter to convert so many files until now.

Comment

Working...

]]>