title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Flac after working ok suddenly fails to convert 24-192 wav files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hpd
    • Dec 2011

Flac after working ok suddenly fails to convert 24-192 wav files

I am a newcomer to using dbPoweramp convertor. Up to now I have only used db for ripping cd's to flac files.
    I am archiving my vinyl collection to hi res wave files (24-96 for most albums & 24-192 for the best vinyl albums) and wanted to start saving these files in flac format. I successfully converted the first two albums to 24-192 flac files and was very pleased with the results. When trying to convert other wave files dbpoweramp convertor suddenly stopped and the following message appeared:
    ''X Error converting Flac - file name & destination to file name & destination
    Error Flac only accepts PCM audio source''
    It has failed to convert any more wave files since!
    All my hi res files are recorded via Adobe Audition to Windows PCM (*.wav) and I have made no changes to the recording process.
    Can anyone help by explaining in simple terms what might be wrong and how I can correct it.
    Thank you
    HPD
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Flac after working ok suddenly fails to convert 24-192 wav files

You must have 32 bit Floating point wave files, you have to use the DSP Effect 'Bit Depth' and choose something like 24 bit.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>