title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Commandline error when using LAME with CLI Encoder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zipzip
    • May 2010

Commandline error when using LAME with CLI Encoder

I've been using the following commandline in the CLI encoder with the new LAME 3.99.2:

--noreplaygain -b 256 -q 7 [IFCOMP]--compilation[] - "[outfile_long]"

Works great on single-artist albums, but for various artist compilations, it creates a corrupted file that's only about 2kb in size, and I get this error:

Error converting to CLI Encoder, "[path]" Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

The whole [IFCOMP]--compilation[] - "[outfile_long]" thing works perfectly on various artists compilations using Quicktime AAC Encoder. I can't figure out why I get the error when I change encoders. It's just the [IFCOMP]--compilation[] part of the commandline that is not working with the LAME for some reason.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Why does this work with Quicktime AAC and not with LAME?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Commandline error when using LAME with CLI Encoder

>--compilation

Why do you need this? dBpoweramp writes the tags after converting.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• zipzip
      • May 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      >--compilation

Why do you need this? dBpoweramp writes the tags after converting.
      Maybe I don't. That's part of the command line another user gave me a couple of years ago, and I've always used it. To be honest, I've never even known exactly what "[IFCOMP]--compilation[]" does.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

Remove it, not needed

Comment

Working...

]]>