title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Suddenly can't rip!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike_jordan
    • Jun 2009

Suddenly can't rip!

Hi Spoon

I've recently put in a new router, and now don't seem to be able to rip with dBpoweramp. I just get a string of errors like this...

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Wayne Shorter\Juju\Wayne Shorter - 01 - Juju.flac'
    Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 38230 (8:29) in 0:00. Filename: \\RIPNAS\Music\Wayne Shorter\Juju\Wayne Shorter - 01 - Juju.flac
    [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 2E2EB8A8 AccurateRip CRC: 0C665D36 [DiscID: 008-0011de72-0075ec72-6b0d3208-1]

...and the disc ejects from the PC. I can see the Ripnas from the PC as I can set the path in dBpoweramp without difficulty. I haven't met this problem before. Can you help?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Suddenly can't rip!

No error is shown in your post, try browsing the \\ripnas\music\ share from you pc.

Comment

• mike_jordan
      • Jun 2009

"Error" appears under Rip Status for every track very quickly, as if I hadn't logged on to the RipNas, but I have! I can browse all the existing music from the PC without a problem, and play it via Kinsky desktop. I just can't rip any more.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

On the error page, click 'Copy to Clipboard' and paste the results here please, we need to see the error message.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
          • Jun 2009

Here goes...

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 01 - The Best Is Yet to Come.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 01 - The Best Is Yet to Come.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 02 - It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera).flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 02 - It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera).flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 03 - Me and Mrs. Jones.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 03 - Me and Mrs. Jones.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 04 - I'm Your Man.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 04 - I'm Your Man.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 05 - Comin' Home Baby.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 05 - Comin' Home Baby.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 06 - Lost.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 06 - Lost.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 07 - Call Me Irresponsible.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 07 - Call Me Irresponsible.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 08 - Wonderful Tonight.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 08 - Wonderful Tonight.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 09 - Everything.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 09 - Everything.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 10 - I've Got the World on a String.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 10 - I've Got the World on a String.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 11 - Always on My Mind.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 11 - Always on My Mind.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 12 - That's Life.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 12 - That's Life.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 13' to '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 13 - Dream.flac'
          Error unable to open File '\\RIPNAS\Music\Michael Bublé\Call Me Irresponsible\Michael Bublé - 13 - Dream.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

right, browse to:

\\RIPNAS\Music\

right click and try to create a folder:

Michael Bublé

if you can do this, enter into that folder and try to copy paste a file there (does not matter what the file is), if you cannot do this, then CD Ripper cannot create the file either, you would have to look at log-in name for the share.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
              • Jun 2009

Cured. I couldn't create a folder, so restarted everything, logged in again and everything works - many thanks!

Still don't quite understand how my original login allowed read-only access, but am I worried?

Once again, the speed of the Spoon never fails to amaze...

Comment

Working...

]]>