title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

need help converting FLAC track and disc info to desired mp3 format

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • biggles
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2010

need help converting FLAC track and disc info to desired mp3 format

Sorry if I missed it in my search, but I need help converting my FLAC track and disc info to my desired mp3 format.

In my FLAC files, I have a track number of a song in an album in a tag called TRACKNUMBER, and the total number of tracks of an album in a field called TOTALTRACKS. Similarly, I also have FLAC tags called DISCNUMBER and TOTALDISCS.

I'd like to convert this information when I convert a FLAC to an mp3 file, such that the the ID3v2.3 frame of TRCK contains TRACKNUMBER/TOTALTRACKS (for example, "2/13"), and the ID3v2.3 frame of TPOS contains DISCNUMBER/TOTALDISCS.

I can't figure out how to set this up so that it occurs automatically when I convert. I looked at the DSP for ID Tag Processing and at dbpoweramp>configuration>codecs>advanced options>FLAC ID tagging, but I could not figure out a way to use these for what I need.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: need help converting FLAC track and disc info to desired mp3 format

I don't believe mp3 tags can include a backslash, so I think you have to set it up with a semi-colon instead.

Comment

• biggles
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2010

Re: need help converting FLAC track and disc info to desired mp3 format

You may be right concerning backslashes, but I'm using forward slashes. The format I use is read just fine for mp3 files using ID3v2.3 tags in Foobar2000 and Mp3tag, among other applications.

Comment

Working...

]]>