title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Where are ripper settings stored? Built new PC, need to transfer settings.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Where are ripper settings stored? Built new PC, need to transfer settings.

Originally posted by bujiraso
    It's great to see that there are ways of doing this, but I would much prefer having dBpoweramp export this to a text file that I could back up onto Google Drive for when I inveitably refresh my system.
    Messing with OS level functions is never a joy and having the multiple sources (registry, app data) makes it a little annoying. I've also read that registry settings don't import by another user on the forums. Can anyone confirm?

To Spoon, for those of us who have access to our settings now and would like an export, does this seem like a clear and reasonable feature request? The import would be required, too, of course
    As you can tell by the age of this thread, it's been a desired feature for a very long time...already expressed clearly and reasonably. Virtually everybody who gets into ripping CDs for their own library eventually has to move their ripping setup to a new computer for one reason or another. I've probably done it about five times now...pain in the ass every time.

Once you know how to save and move the necessary info, it's not all that difficult, but I completely agree that it would be preferable to not mess with OS level functions and files. A simple "Import/Export Settings" would be ideal and is certainly not an unreasonable ask for a paid program.

Not sure what you mean in your question about "registry settings don't import." Keys can be imported and exported with those respective functions.

Comment

• Caesar
      • Jun 2017

Re: Where are ripper settings stored? Built new PC, need to transfer settings.

I second that. it is probably not that hard to create an Export/Import button.

Comment

Working...

]]>