title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weedgroove
    • Nov 2003

The Sensuous Baroque CD I have will rip accurately but fails on encode on every track. I tried renaming the a track, ripping to wav first and no success. This is the only CD out of hundreds that gives me this error. How do I encode this mutha? BTW, my recent upgrade was worth EVERY penny and I love the Batch Ripper with 2 drives installed...I'm almost thru my entire collection.

Sample log:

dBpoweramp Release 14.2 Digital Audio Extraction Log from Tuesday, November 01, 2011 09:25 AM

Drive & Settings
    ----------------

Ripping with drive 'E: [PHILIPS - SPD2513P ]', Drive offset: 6, Overread Lead-in/out: No
    AccurateRip: Active, Using C2: No, Cache: 1024 KB, FUA Cache Invalidate: No
    Pass 1 Drive Speed: Max, Pass 2 Drive Speed: Max
    Bad Sector Re-rip:: Drive Speed: Max, Maximum Re-reads: 34

Encoder: mp3 (Lame) -b 192

Extraction Log
    --------------

Track 1: Ripped LBA 0 to 25602 (5:41) in 0:17. Filename: S:\CD Conversion\&*65334;&*65345;&*65362;&*65353;&*65359 ;&*65365;&*65363;\The Sensuous Baroque\&*65334;&*65345;&*65362;&*65353;&*65359;&* 65365;&*65363; - 01 - Locatelli; Violin Concerto No. 7.mp3
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 1) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 40F02535 AccurateRip CRC: 76CA40CE [DiscID: 013-001c903c-011c859b-b20e310d-1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 1 [CRCv1 76ca40ce]

Error ripping to mp3 (Lame), 'Track 1' to 'S:\CD Conversion\&*65334;&*65345;&*65362;&*65353;&*65359 ;&*65365;&*65363;\The Sensuous Baroque\&*65334;&*65345;&*65362;&*65353;&*65359;&* 65365;&*65363; - 01 - Locatelli; Violin Concerto No. 7.mp3'
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

'&*65334;&*65345;&*65362;&*65353;&*65359 ;&*65365;&*65363;'

I am guessing it is these are causing the issue in the filename.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Weedgroove
      • Nov 2003

The track names were under the artist/folder name of "V a r i o u s" with spacing between characters. Simply renaming the Artist to "Various" with no spaces fixed the problem.

Comment

• mike_jordan
        • Jun 2009

Hi Spoon

I am getting a lot of errors of the "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe" type when converting FLAC to M4a. Is this usually due to non-permitted characters in the filename?

F'rinstance...

Error converting to m4a Nero (AAC), 'Z:\Bob Dylan\Highway 61 Revisited\Bob Dylan - 06 - Queen Jane Approximately.flac' to 'C:\Users\Mike\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes\Bob Dylan - 06 - Queen Jane Approximately.m4a'

Error converting to m4a Nero (AAC), 'Z:\Bruno Bartoletti\Il Trittico (Gianni Schicchi)\Bruno Bartoletti - 05 - E no c'è nessun mezzo.flac' to 'C:\Users\Mike\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes\Bruno Bartoletti - 05 - E no c'è nessun mezzo.m4a'

Error converting to m4a Nero (AAC), 'Z:\Carlo Maria Giulini\Mozart W Le nozze di Figaro Disc 1\Carlo Maria Giulini - 16 - Cos'e questa commedia.flac' to 'C:\Users\Mike\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes\Carlo Maria Giulini - 16 - Cos'e questa commedia.m4a'

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Not in your instance the filenames seem ok, as a test try writing to a different folder, if you have security software try disabling it.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
            • Jun 2009

If I create a new folder within iTunes Media called Test, I can convert any of the error files into that, and then add them manually to iTunes and there isn't a problem. In fact there isn't a problem if I convert the problem files into Automatically Add to iTunes and then they appear in iTunes by themselves. Is there any way I can make them convert OK first time?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

>In fact there isn't a problem if I convert the problem files into Automatically Add to iTunes and then they appear in iTunes by themselves.

I thought your failed conversion was just as you state here, converting to Automatically Add to iTunes, what is the difference please?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
                • Jun 2009

Sorry, I didn't make this clear. I did a large batch conversion (15,000+ files) from FLAC to M4a. Most went through fine, but several hundred generated errors. When I try these error-generating files again singly or in small batches, there doesn't seem to be a problem. The original conversion was when the PC was otherwise idle. Have you any tips that would help the whole lot go through first time? I'm running Windows 7 - do you need any other system details?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

It is possible that iTunes was interfering with the conversion by holding a file lock, it would be wise to convert all to a different folder then move the files when done.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mike_jordan
                    • Jun 2009

Many thanks, I'll give it a try

Comment

Working...

]]>