title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ack! - Decoder frozen? No tag writing? huh?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D-Composing
    • Mar 2011

Ack! - Decoder frozen? No tag writing? huh?

Recently, I tried to add tags to "created" wavs (using recording software) and received the error message "Error: Decoder appears to have frozen, corrupt audio file?" Since when? It worked the day before and the day before that, now all of the sudden, I am not able to edit (or create) any of the tag info - anywhere. You can type it in, but it doesn't 'take'. And no, these files are not corrupt, seeing as dbpoweramp liked them previously without issue.

Did I miss an update? Do I need to reinstall? (I hope not - sounds like reinstalling can cause problems).

I LOVE this program and have become dependent on it to convert wavs, as well as to create tag info on audio projects:

Help please? I'm on a deadline and will need to use this program repeatedly within the next few days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ack! - Decoder frozen? No tag writing? huh?

>I tried to add tags to "created" wavs (using recording software)

You added tags with which software? dBpoweramp or some other software?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• D-Composing
      • Mar 2011

To clarify, I was creating wavs (not from other sources) but from music recording software (Cakewalk, ProTools). At that point, I was attempting to ADD the tag information (seeing as these are original soundtracks (wavs files) - they have no tag info yet), which is when I got the error message.

PROBLEM SOLVED. After some troubleshooting, I found that my Virus Protection Software was isolating parts of dbpoweramp without my knowledge! I uninstalled the virus protection, reinstalled, and lo and behold......voila! - dbpoweramp is back to its FABULOUS working condition!

Moral, when in doubt, check your virus software for grabbing things it should not!

Thanks, Spoon for a speedy reply!
      Last edited by D-Composing; 08-09-2011, 04:16 PM. Reason: SOLVED

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Are you running any security software, which might be interfering with dBpoweramp?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>