title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Burned Disks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pin64
    • Jul 2011

Ripping Burned Disks

Hi - now ripped all my CD collection, DBPoweramp made it a breeze!

All I have left are a few CD's picked up from Gigs etc of small bands who have burned their own music to disk. While I'm sure some of them were burned properlly at decent quality I'm also fairly certain that some of them were probably burned from compressed audio.

My question is, what's the best way to rip these? All my 'proper' CDs have been ripped to FLAC, but I guess there's not much point if the audio on these disks has come from compressed (but I can't be sure...)?

Cheers in advance,
    Al
  • pin64
    • Jul 2011

Re: Ripping Burned Disks

Thinking about it, in the interest in keeping the digital copy as a completely accurate representation of the original disk, I may as well rip these to FLAC... There's only 5 or 6 of them anyway.

Would I be right in thinking that if there is less audio detail (burned from compressed source) then the FLAC file will be smaller anyway? As there's less audio information to compress?

Comment

• dbfan
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jan 2011

Re: Ripping Burned Disks

No the opposite flac will compress previous posey tracks worse than from the cd

Comment

Working...

]]>