title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem Accessing the Review Metadata Feature

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

Problem Accessing the Review Metadata Feature

I have installed R14.2 onto my laptop using exactly the same configuration I have set on my desktop computer. Both my laptop and desktop both run on Windows Vista and I have run through all the CD Ripper settings and they are identical on both machines.

I have a particular way in which I enter metadata for each of my albums, so I type all the information by hand and do not use the internet to retrieve the data for me. I fill in what I can using the text boxes and drop-down menus on the main screen, then I click the Review Metadata button to call up the data entered so far, which I then add to.

I have the PerfectMeta and dBpoweramp Cache options ticked on the Meta drop-down menu on both machines.

However when I click the Review Metadata button when using my laptop I get the following message:

Metadata was not retrieved from the internet (most likely from Local HDD Cache). Press the metedata button to refetch from the internet.

If I do the same thing using my desktop PC I can access the Metadata.

Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong? Why does it let me use this feature on one computer, but not the other?

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards.

Simon
  • Simon Moakes
    • Feb 2009

Re: Problem Accessing the Review Metadata Feature

I have just worked out that this problem occurs when R14.2 has been installed. I discovered that I had R14.1 on my desktop PC; have just updated to 14.2 and the problem is now on both my laptop and desktop PC.

Spoon...is there any chance you could put this feature back and allow us to access the Review Metadata window to view and alter our own data, as there are some of us out here who do not trust or want to use metadata retireved from the internet - and entering your own metadata is so much easier when using the Review Metadata window.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Will make a note to add back for R14.3
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Simon Moakes
        • Feb 2009

Thanks Spoon, greatly appreciated.

Could you also consider the following changes:

More control over 'Rip as 1', so multiples of tracks can be joined, e.g. Tracks 1-4, 5-9, 10-12, etc., and can these 'Rip as 1' settings be saved in the dBpoweramp cache, so they are remembered if the CD is reinserted?

When switching to the 'Review Metadata' window can individual track dates be retained, instead of resetting all the dates to that of Track 1?

Can track offsets be written to the dBpoweramp cache, so they do not reset back to Track 1 if the CD is reinserted?

Obviously just personal preferences, but they would greatly improve usability.

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Post your requests to the Wishlist section of the forum please.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>