title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC Uncompressed also in CLI?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aleg
    • Jul 2010

FLAC Uncompressed also in CLI?

Hi Spoon

Just been thinking about the new option og "FLAC Uncompressed", is this produced by the "standard" flac lib and maybe therefore also available via the CLI? Or is this a special feature of the dMC flac codec or dMC program?

I'm also curious how it is stored inside the flac conforming to flac specifications. Is the uncompressed flac stored with each of the subframes having VERBATIM prediction?
    If not would you care to explain a little?
    I'm also curious if the decoding is just a matter of unpacking or if there is more processing involved.

-
    aleg
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC Uncompressed also in CLI?

It is from the standard lib, but with some experimental switches.

I am not sure how it is stored, but have dealt more with ALAC where that has an uncompressed mode as well (normally the upper 8 bits of 24 bit audio is not compressed).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• aleg
      • Jul 2010

Hi Spoon

Thanks for the reply.

It is just I couldn't find any switches on the standard flac.exe CLI to have uncompressed flac.

I noticed the flake.exe does have the switch -t 0 to suppress all prediction so it create an uncompressed flac.

What switches do you use with the flac.exe?

-
      aleg

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We do not use flac.exe, rather the libraries direct. I am not sure what the command line would be.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>