title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

will this configuration work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • izoard
    • Jun 2011

will this configuration work?

I want to install asset UPnP on my Win7 x64 HTPC.

My Music is stored on a WHS 2011. I have a Denon 3310CI that is network capable and supports FLAC playback (WHS 2011 won't stream FLAC directly).
    I also use a XBOX360 as an extender from the HTPC running WMC.

Can I install asset on my HTPC system, point it to my \\SERVER\Music share and get my Denon to see the FLAC (no-decoding) and also have my XBOX360 play encoded FLAC?

My HTPC (using WMC) plays my FLAC music files fine as I have the directshow filter madFLAC with the addition of WMP Tag plus 1.2 installed. I would not want asset UPnP interfering with the way this is working.

Will this work?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: will this configuration work?

You can install Asset on WHS 2011 (install the Windows 7 version) and set the configuration to run asset as a service. Configuring will be done by logging onto the WHS 2011 desktop and running the Asset Configuration.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• izoard
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
      You can install Asset on WHS 2011 (install the Windows 7 version) and set the configuration to run asset as a service. Configuring will be done by logging onto the WHS 2011 desktop and running the Asset Configuration.
      OK, great. I'll give it a go then.

By no WHS 2011 support I'm guessing you will not be providing an add-in that is accessible through the WHS dashboard then. That's fine by me, as I can RDP into my server and configure it as you suggested.

Thanks! :komisch12

Also, do you offer a purchase package of sorts. If I wanted to purchase Asset + Music Converter + CD Ripper, would I have to pay full price for each?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Correct (I'm guessing you will not be providing an add-in that is accessible through the WHS dashboard then)

Music Converter + Ripper are the same package - Reference
        Asset is on its own.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• izoard
          • Jun 2011

thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>