title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ogg album art and tagging issues

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GotDelta
    • May 2011

Ogg album art and tagging issues

I have two issues converting to Ogg.

Xiph states that embedded album art can't have line feeds, however dMC does exactly that. This renders the album art unusable in some players, including foobar2000.

My second issue revolves around tagging. I'm converting FLAC -> Ogg Vorbis. For classical music, I use a slightly non-standard tag format that uses both the performer and ensemble tags, among other things. The advanced codec settings allow me to prevent dMC from rewriting most of my tags, but it still rewrites the "ensemble" tag to "album artist". The ideal solution to this is an option that completely preserves tags, where appropriate. As FLAC and Ogg use identical tagging systems, dMC shouldn't modify the tags at all.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ogg album art and tagging issues

Line feed issue noted.

>As FLAC and Ogg use identical tagging systems, dMC shouldn't modify the tags at all.

Our encoder does not know the source of the tags, they are decoded to a standard representation, and when there are many programs using ensemble as 'Album Artist', hence the issue.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GotDelta
      • May 2011

Is there any way to prevent the ensemble tag from being rewritten? The ID tag processing DSP effect seems to be applied before the tag rewriting, so it has no effect.

It would be great if the internal "standard representation" that you use was customizable. This would allow for much-needed fine grained control and would avoid forcing people to use a "standard" that doesn't suit their needs.

A related issue is that the ensemble tag is shown as album artist in the ID tag viewer. This is one place where tag rewriting isn't acceptable - an ID tag viewer needs to show the exact tags that are in the file. Also, multiple performer tags aren't supported. The ID tag viewer only shows the first instance, and converted files (I've only tested with FLAC->Ogg) also only contain the first instance of the tag.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is no way currently.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>