title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Way to combine duplicate tracks?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelk
    • Feb 2011

Way to combine duplicate tracks?

Hi all,

I've been a happy dBpoweramp user for a couple of years and have recently started enjoying Asset UPnP. I'm running v3 (free) on WHS. I've run into a situation that prompted some questions on my part about Asset's functionality and perhaps better ways I could be using it. First, the functionality question: is there a way to have Asset combine duplicate copies of the same track (same album, etc.)?

I've ripped my CDs to individual flac files by track and organized them by artist/album. I listen to these at home where storage and bandwidth aren't an issue for my modest collection. Some of these albums I've also converted to mp3 or m4a format for use on portable devices. I typically convert the tracks and store the results in the same directory as the original so everything related to a particular album is in one location.

I could simply use "exclude audio types" to have Asset ignore the compressed tracks, but there's the added wrinkle of the music I've downloaded from Amazon, iTunes, etc. I *want* Asset to serve up these mp3 and m4a files--just not the compressed files that are dupes of flac files.

I noticed the option to combine duplicate/similar artists, but my issue specifically has to do with the individual tracks. Have there been any requests for a similar feature aimed at tracks?

When testing "exclude audio types" it occurred to me that if that setting was available per library folder, that might do the trick. I could arrange the folders to ripped content was in one area where compressed tracks were ignored, while in another folder I could store downloaded, compressed tracks that I wanted Asset to serve up.

And finally, what I'm currently planning to do (but thought I'd check in the forum first) is to simply change my workflow and how I organize my music. Sometimes the least technical solution is the best. If that's the case, I'd enjoy hearing any advice on how people organize their audio files to deal with similar situations.

Thanks, all.

Mike
    Last edited by michaelk; 05-26-2011, 05:01 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Way to combine duplicate tracks?

It is not possible to do as you require.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>