title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

blue screen errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShArKy666
    • May 2011

blue screen errors

HELLO i just recently purchased dbpoweramp and i like it a lot...BUT for some reason i keep getting blue screens when i try to use it.

i have an extremely powerful 24 core system, running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit with 48 GB of memory.

i can show you the pictures i've taken of the blue screens and maybe you can help me?

i hope you can very much..
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: blue screen errors

24 core, that is two 6 core processors with hyperthreading?

A blue screen is an indication that your system is unstable, first check would be the CPU temperature whilst converting, next would be to run memory tests (Windows 7 have built in memory tester). Next make sure all your drivers (including chipset) are upto date.

I have a 12 core server machine (24 reported cores), it works perfectly - can run for weeks doing conversions.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ShArKy666
      • May 2011

hello thanks for your kind reply...yes i have a dual intel 5680 system...i've updated all the drivers, but i keep getting errors...the program seems to stop working every few seconds...then starts again and it's not even using all 24 cores...only 16 :(
      my cpu temps are perfect only at 44 C (water cooled) at full load & i've tested my memory already, and it's perfectly fine....can i send someone the pictures of the blue screen errors i took so maybe someone can help me further?
      thanks for any help..

Comment

• ShArKy666
        • May 2011

ok wel i have good news & bad news....i was able to transcode 62 GB of flac files into mp3s at an average speed of 290X in 45 minutes...BUT the program didn't show that the last bunch were completely finished with all the grey bars ending on the right hand side saying FINISHED....instead a few were kinda stuck in the middle when i could tell the process was completed and i had to end task out of the frozen program..it's better than i expected, but can this bug be fixed somehow? thanks again for your help..

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Convert to Test Conversion, it should complete without issues, does it?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>