title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DS reboot after long pause with Davaar beta

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mickc
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2010

DS reboot after long pause with Davaar beta

Hi Spoon - I appreciate this is an issue using beta firmware (Davaar 4.1.8 for my Akurate DS) but I've found that if I pause a track for ten minutes or so, on pressing 'play' the DS reboots.
    I've tried this using different control points and it happens every time when using Asset as a server, although if I switch to Twonky 6.0.30 everything works as I would expect, even with different control points.
    Any thoughts, or will you wait until Davaar is finalised to see if the problem is still there?

Kind regards

Mick
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DS reboot after long pause with Davaar beta

10 minutes is the time the file is held open for, Twonky would have a limit (it might be 15, or 20 minutes), either way the DS should request the file from where it left off after Asset returns an invalid stream error.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dannythered
      • Apr 2011

Hi Spoon, I'm getting the same issue with KDT, I have just paused a track for 4 minutes and upon trying to restart the track my DS rebooted. With Chorus HD the issue is slightly different, no reboot of DS but have to restart network on ipad and reload album for music to play, it appears Chorus has frozen.

Comment

• mickc
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
        10 minutes is the time the file is held open for, Twonky would have a limit (it might be 15, or 20 minutes), either way the DS should request the file from where it left off after Asset returns an invalid stream error.
        Thanks for that, Spoon - I'll try to catch Twonky out by giving it thirty minutes or more.

Regards

Mick

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

The DS should not reboot (crash), report it to Linn as it is a bug.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mickc
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
            The DS should not reboot (crash), report it to Linn as it is a bug.
            I did raise it on the development bit of the Linn forum, but interestingly Twonky coped ok when I paused a song overnight, in the end the song was paused for almost twelve hours.

Mick

Comment

• mickc
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mickc
              I did raise it on the development bit of the Linn forum, but interestingly Twonky coped ok when I paused a song overnight, in the end the song was paused for almost twelve hours.

Mick
              Linn recognise this as a defect and will look into it. Thanks for your help, Spoon.

Regards

Mick

Comment

Working...

]]>