title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Various accuraterip results on a disc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Various accuraterip results on a disc

Originally posted by The_Grim_Ripper
    Yes garym you are right. I am overreacting. I've had CDs with just secure.

So when you had the disc with warnings did you send it back for not being perfect? Or not worried and just enjoyed the music ?
    No, I didn't worry and didn't send it back. My only special effort is that I attempted to rip the CD on a different computer using different drive to see if that worked any better. No matter what the outcome, in the end I just enjoyed the music.
    Last edited by garym; 08-24-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
      No, I didn't worry and didn't send it back. My only special effort is that I attempted to rip the CD on a different computer using different drive to see if that worked any better. No matter what the outcome, in the end I just enjoyed the music.
      note that just today I ripped a very popular CD that was released about 3 years ago. The AR results showed 101 to 103 for all but one track. That track showed an AR of only 40. Very different, even though same album. I point this out to document that within CD AR results can be very different but still a perfect rip.

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Aug 2014

Thank you for your patience. You seemed very calm about things and seem to be able to enjoy the music. I really need to be more like you. If it's not "perfect" in my eyes and of course dbpa then I stress and worry, and want to replace things. I must stop this.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Thank you for your patience. You seemed very calm about things and seem to be able to enjoy the music. I really need to be more like you. If it's not "perfect" in my eyes and of course dbpa then I stress and worry, and want to replace things. I must stop this.
          I know being calm about some things is easier said than done. I know others that are OCD about their music. One person kept buying new box sets if there was even a tiny scratch on the side of the package. Nothing noticeable and unrelated to the disks themselves. But he just couldn't stand the idea that something wasn't perfect. In the end, he didn't ever enjoy any of his music collection because he was so obsessed. Anytime he tried to listen to something, he obsessed over possible imperfections (even imagined) and so he couldn't enjoy the music. Life is short. Enjoy the music!

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

My own OCD is my desire to own EVERYTHING by artists I like. I'm trying to wean myself from doing this. I have way, way more music than I could ever listen to even if I played it 24/7 for the rest of my life. :smile2:

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Aug 2014

That person is me Garym, with the ocd. I am gbeer7 but called something else.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

That person is me Garym, with the ocd. I am gbeer7 but called something else.
                aha! Still obsessed I see. I hope at least it is getting better for you.

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Aug 2014

It's not been too bad thanks. Starting to post on here again has made me worse :-(
                  Not the advice but just feeding my obsessions.

"And by the way, when you listen to these AR (2) tracks how do they sound? Do you hear any problems? I'm sure the answer is no."

Even this got me concerned.

I hope you are well Garym.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

"And by the way, when you listen to these AR (2) tracks how do they sound? Do you hear any problems? I'm sure the answer is no."
                    Just to be clear, with AR2, there is no way that these rips have problems. So nothing to worry about. (and I'm doing well, I'm spending the day listening to music and reripping some box sets to FLAC that I originally ripped years ago to mp3, before I fully understood digital music, lossless vs lossy.)

Comment

• The_Grim_Ripper
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Aug 2014

Sounds like your keeping busy. Well thank you again for your help. I shall move on and enjoy it. Going back on here and saw a load of my original posts. Maybe I'm better off staying off the forum again ! :-)
                      Great to speak to you again.

Comment

Working...

]]>