title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Error running Music Converter" when Right Click Convert To - Win7 Ult 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randomguy1
    • Mar 2011

"Error running Music Converter" when Right Click Convert To - Win7 Ult 64-bit

i am a long time winXP user of this program, and i have a fresh install of win7 64bit and just purchased the latest version of r14 and its installed, when i right click on a file on a wave or mp3 my desktop i get the error message "Error running Music Converter" . I tried uninstalling rebooting, and reinstalling and i even have all the check boxes set for "run as administrator" where ever i can. I even did the install as administrator. the program runs fine if i run it directly and then convert a file, also, the right click menus are in the proper place. i get this error only after i click on the "convert to".

i can't find a fix for this. I did find the FAQ page entry, but that doesn't help at all. I tried running the config and re checking the "convert to" check box and still wont work.

help?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "Error running Music Converter" when Right Click Convert To - Win7 Ult 64-bit

Are you by any chance running avast antivirus?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• randomguy1
      • Mar 2011

Re: "Error running Music Converter" when Right Click Convert To - Win7 Ult 64-bit

Originally posted by Spoon
      Are you by any chance running avast antivirus?
      nope. just Microsoft's built in Security Essentials.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have a look in C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

(x86) if 64 bit and see if there is musicconverter.exe in that folder
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• randomguy1
          • Mar 2011

not there, so i copied the files over (not installed it there, just copy) and still no work. if i right click and select "edit id tag.." that has been working fine.

what else can i try? maybe i need to "install" into "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp" and NOT into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp"

??

Comment

• randomguy1
            • Mar 2011

i think that just crashed my machine. i'm back. any other suggestions?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

would be the correct folder, if all the DLL files are there. The question is where was that musicconverter.exe? the installer installs it, try this uninstall dbpoweramp, delete the dbpoweramp folder manually then install and look straight away for musicconverter.exe
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>