title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

big wav records

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djmasi

big wav records

Hi,

I most record my vinyls and thats realy great with auxillary input. But last weekend I started to record a mix session over 2 days. The wav-file is now about 21 GB, but no player can read the whole file. There's just a part of 51 minutes I can play, encode or cut. Why? Is it possible that wav-files have a size or length limit???

plaese post or e mail to djmasi@aol.com
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Most programs will be about 5GB (the size of a 32 bit integer - remember Windows is 32bit...).

You are possibly best recording and compressing in real-time - mp3 at 128Kbps will be 2GB, but again not much will touch it.

Or try the Power Pack option with Auxiliary input, if you switch Auto Start and auto end off, then you can create 20 tracks, set Record lengths (smart track length) for each track of an hour and it will record 20 hours worth.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• djmasi

Thanx,

I'll try it. But does somebody know how I can edit this big file? The fault in this file is the sampling rate with about 176000 kBit/sec. I think if I can change this I've the whole length to edit. But I need an editor which can load this big file. Does somebody has one for me???

Comment

• kenny heath
        • Jan 2003

I KNOW AUDACITY CAN HANDLE OVER 100MB FILES I REGULARLY HANDLE 85MB TO 150MB FILES IN WAV, MP3 AND OGG

Comment

• Joseph
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2002

21 GB's not 100 MB's

Comment

• Unregistered

Big File

I'm editing a 900mb WAV with Audacity without problems... really cool!
            Hugs!

Originally posted by kenny heath
            I KNOW AUDACITY CAN HANDLE OVER 100MB FILES I REGULARLY HANDLE 85MB TO 150MB FILES IN WAV, MP3 AND OGG

Comment

Working...

]]>