title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot Rip a CD to a Network File

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cut-Throat
    • Feb 2011

Cannot Rip a CD to a Network File

When trying to Rip a CD from a laptop to a File on the network on my desktop. I get an error from dbpoweramp that it cannot open the file. However other programs on the laptop have no trouble accessing this file to read and write to. It also can see it just fine using the SET for PATH.

Help! - thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Cannot Rip a CD to a Network File

Please post the exact error as dBpoweramp is showing (there is a copy to clipboard button).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cut-Throat
      • Feb 2011

I get this error for every track on the CD.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\Sony-desktop\i\Music Library\Chris Botti\A Thousand Kisses Deep\01 Chris Botti - Indian Summer.flac'
      Error unable to open File '\\Sony-desktop\i\Music Library\Chris Botti\A Thousand Kisses Deep\01 Chris Botti - Indian Summer.flac' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Something is blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the network share, try browsing to:

\\Sony-desktop\i\Music Library\Chris Botti\A Thousand Kisses Deep\

in explorer and see if you can manually copy a file to that folder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cut-Throat
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
          Something is blocking dBpoweramp from accessing the network share, try browsing to:

\\Sony-desktop\i\Music Library\Chris Botti\A Thousand Kisses Deep\

in explorer and see if you can manually copy a file to that folder.
          Understand, that if I am going to rip the CD entitled 'A Thousand Kisses Deep', that folder does not exist. dbpoweramp will need to create it.

And yes I have no problems copying files to the Networked File.

\\Sony-desktop\i\Music Library\Chris Botti\

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is the Sony which is denying dBpoweramp from writing to the share.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Cut-Throat
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
              It is the Sony which is denying dBpoweramp from writing to the share.
              Yahhhhh.......but, it's not denying any other program. So, that is the problem I'm having.
              Last edited by Cut-Throat; 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• davesax36
                • Mar 2011

I think I'm having a similar problem. I'm just not sure which setting I screwed up. I got about two successful rips to my network drive and then have gotten the same error you are getting for every track of every disc since. I've just started ripping to a different folder and then transferring them until I can get it back on track. I wish I knew why DBP won't open/create the new folder it's supposed to be ripping to.

Comment

• GKusnick
                  • Mar 2011

Batch Converter has a similar issue with not being able to create folders on network shares:

This applies to dBpoweramp v14. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. When I browse network folders in Windows Explorer, I am able to click dBpoweramp Batch Convert that appears on the folder's context menu. However, batch converter appears not to correctly handle UNC paths. I end up with the batch converter window open with no

Comment

Working...

]]>