title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

uMediaLibrary.exe and uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe using up 100% cpu

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stunta
    • Feb 2011

uMediaLibrary.exe and uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe using up 100% cpu

These 2 processes are using up 100% cpu each time I reboot my Windows 7 64-bit machine. After my most recent reboot, it has been more than 2 hours and they are still at 50% CPU each.

I have 3 folders setup for scanning for music and they are all on an external HD. I have thousands of music files (mostly flac and some mp3)

I am on Asset Release 3 Beta.

Please help with this problem since my PC is almost unusable during this time.

EDIT: When I open Asset config, it says it is rescanning my library. It looks like it is rescanning my entire library on reboot. Is this normal? I would have thought it would only scan for changes.
  • stunta
    • Feb 2011

Re: uMediaLibrary.exe and uMediaLibrary-ReadTags.exe using up 100% cpu

4 days since this post and these 2 processes are still using up 100% of my CPU.

Please help or point me to a place where i can find some help.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

> Asset Release 3 Beta.

Why not R3 Release? the beta should not be used now.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Gerrit
        • Mar 2011

I'm experiencing the same problem with Release 3.
        Sometimes in Windows taskmanager I end the proces manually. :(

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Gerrit, are you the same person as stunta?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• StiffenStorm
            • Apr 2011

I got exactly the same problem. The processes seems to get into a "live lock" and my laptop is almost burning up. I have to kill them in the task manager. I've tried to turn off scanning, but it dosen't make any difference.

Running R3, premium registred on Vista and a Sony VAIO.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

If you install 'Process Explorer' from microsoft, run it and select the umedialibrary-readtags.exe, then click the view 'handles button' on the tool bar (and show the lower pane) you can see which audio track is causing the 100% lockup, please send that file to me for testing.

Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• StiffenStorm
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by StiffenStorm
                I got exactly the same problem. The processes seems to get into a "live lock" and my laptop is almost burning up. I have to kill them in the task manager. I've tried to turn off scanning, but it dosen't make any difference.

Running R3, premium registred on Vista and a Sony VAIO.
                I removed all supervised directories and now it works fine. One wild guess is that one or more of my files is corrupt and that makes Asset behave this way. I also run it on an old PC running XP and have no problems with that one. But on that computer I only got FLAC-files that I've made myself. Om my laptop I got all kinds of rubbish with unknown origin.

Comment

• StiffenStorm
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Spoon
                  If you install 'Process Explorer' from microsoft, run it and select the umedialibrary-readtags.exe, then click the view 'handles button' on the tool bar (and show the lower pane) you can see which audio track is causing the 100% lockup, please send that file to me for testing.

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm
                  Thank's for the prompt reply. I'll do so.

Comment

Working...

]]>